PingJe

Monday, January 7, 2013

Age doesn't matter, DOES IT?



Being a teacher or an educator is quite challenging for many of us. But there are some teachers who love their job as a part of the daily life - including me! 

When we grow older, we tend to take things for granted. We tend to think that our students (the young generations who have more new technologies) to be smarter that us. That's why some of us just think that by letting the students go (to pave their own road without any directions or guide from us) is the best thing to do.

In teaching you cannot see the fruit of a day's work.  It is invisible and remains so, maybe for twenty years.  ~Jacques Barzun


Some of the experienced teachers would say :
Don't spoon feed the students. You are too pampering!

A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil with a desire to learn is hammering on cold iron.  ~Horace Mann

I would say: 
I am not spoon feeding them, I'm being a teacher... to guide them along the way. I teach them a thing or two that would help them to grow and to walk in their own shoes later on.

They would tease me again: 
You are just like an old-fashioned mother!

I would defend myself:  
 I am a mother! I could not let bad things happen to my children! 

A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.  ~Henry Brooks Adams

I know... being a teacher doesn't mean I have the control of every student's life.

The best part of being a teacher is when your former student come to see you one day and say : 
Thank you for being there for me!

So, even you grow older day by day, it doesn't mean that your spirit of being a good teacher grow older too. You should find a way to entertain yourself while educating those students who will adore you as they adore their parents. 

The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence.  He inspires self-distrust.  He guides their eyes from himself to the spirit that quickens him.  He will have no disciple.  ~Amos Bronson Alcott

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...