PingJe

Monday, October 17, 2011

49 days...

My tears kept flowing through my cheeks last night - after the last episode of 49 Days (Journey of a soul). I have watched these long 20 episodes for 1 week (busy working)...and the story is quite sad and so many lesson to be learned. It's not that I believed those things so much, but the true meaning that lies in the story makes me so sad...

The main character Ji-Hyun's (Nam Gyu-Ri) involved in a car accident and caused herself to be in a comatose condition for a period of time. Koreans believe that souls have 49 days on earth before they can continue their journey to another world 'above'. So, she met the Scheduler (Jung Il Woo) who helped her to finish her unfinished business - whether she is going to live again or to be transported to another world.

That's when she has to possess Yi-Kyung (Lee Yo-Won) to complete her journey to become alive again because it is not her time to die yet.

This story involves so many big names in South Korean film industries. The moment that I remember is when Ji-Hyun said that she wants to leave a good remark of herself towards her family and her friends. She doesn't want them to feel sad for their lost - they should cherish the time being instead of being demotivated from the lost that they suffer.

 Although the story is quite sad and deep in their emotions, but still I can relate it to myself as a human being...we cannot run away from death. You might 'cheat' death few times, but when the time comes, you don't have any choice - you cannot run away from your destiny whether you are old or young, healthy or sick and not to mention if you are good or bad.

If you are a Korean drama fan, you might like the story...although the ending is so pitiful for all the characters involved. The story gave me strength to live my live to the fullest.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...