PingJe

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Just thinking....

Living in this new town makes me wonder – how could they live here without bigger shopping complexes like those in KL? At night... it seems like a ‘dead town’ with no activities to be done except sleeping early in the bed.

I used to live in a hectic lifestyle. Vehicles are still busy on the road even though the sun will be rising in few hours. I can sleep soundly in that kind of environment for I have been raised in that way. But after living in this small town for few weeks , I still can’t adapt to the way of life here.

Although the food is cheap and other things can be bought easily, I still miss Giant, Tesco, Carrefour and so many big shopping malls while living here. The people here can live without all of that – maybe they are used to. But I have to teach myself to be a part of the place so that I can live here longer and in peace...hopefully.

The best thing about being a part of my new work place is that I don’t have any stressful schedule anymore. I don’t have to rush my way out to the class because I only have 15 hours per week. I have plenty of time to do preparation because everything is provided here. My passion is teaching – and I’m glad I can teach my students wholeheartedly without being stressed out with other unimportant things.

No more collecting fees...no more taking attendance... no more ‘housekeeping’...no more unplanned meeting... and no more ‘unwanted’ students.....hmmm.....life could be better if we are just focussing on the teaching and learning process....
I know that many teachers out there are so passionate in their career...but there are many works to be done in school if they have things to be taken care of. Those teachers will feel so stressful and they may not perform better. Some works are routine and sometimes they will lead to an unhappy lifestyle.

I do feel relieved moving to this new town actually – for I am happier here. I do hope that their lives could be happier too...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...