PingJe

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Without stress??? Can you?

Sunday morning...being a mother has forced me to wake up to make breakfast. My twins have already downstairs watching cartoons early in the morning. Feeling a bit relieved because they are seven now and they can take care of themselves without having the trouble to wake me up. So, after having breakfast, I started my day to do house chores. Lucky me, my husband was there to help me out. Having my third child in my womb now is making me tired easily. I couldn't stand up for a long time. I can easily feel dizzy and I couldn't do much work.

Suddenly I realized that my daughter has changed into someone else. She started to make her own drink and offered it to her brother. Usually I would make it for her. She likes hot Milo. I just sat there and when she came to me and said..."I made a drink on my own." From that moment, I felt something in my chest. I don't know how to put it, but I felt she has grown up. Although she is only seven years old, but she can handle herself well (compared to me when I was in that age).

But, my son doesn't like to do anything except sitting in front of the PC and playing games all day long. So, I've been telling myself that boys and girls are different and we have to know how to handle them. I can now depend on my daughter to help me out when the new baby comes into our lives. She looks like a good big sister who is capable in doing anything. A girl would always be a girl. Lucky me...

On the other hand, my son is the other way around. He is a typical boy who likes to laze around ordering his sister to do things for him. Only sometimes he would help me if I offered him some kind of rewards after doing something for me. But still, he is a nice kid with an attitude...

I'm only 31 years old with a pair of twins at the age of seven. I feel blessed with a happy family but we are still  like other families who have ups and downs in life. I do hope that I would overcome any kind of stress in life so that I can provide a healthy surrounding for my kids. The world is not the same anymore. Violence and stressful life can lead to broken families. There are so many reports  about abusive parents nowadays and they are making me nervous. I'm a hot tempered person, but I tried so hard to control myself in front of my kids. I don't want them to suffer just because of me.

Stressful job, unhealthy working place and unhealthy lifestyle can lead to mental illness. There are so many examples that we can find in the newspapers nowadays. Everytime I read the news, I feel terrified and I do hope that I will not turn into a monster like those people. Stress is a part of life. But to control it is another story. One has to identify his / her own stress and has to overcome it as soon as possible before it's too late. Stress can lead to mental illness...and there are too many people out there who haven't overcome the painful stress. They are suffering silently.

Live a healthy lifestyle. Talk to a friend. Hug your spouse. Hug your children. Hugging can help you to ease your stress for a while. Find ways to be happy...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...