PingJe

Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's all about parenting...

I have watched this movie over and over again, but I still like the way the story goes. Sean Penn is a great actor in this touching drama. Dakota Fanning has always been adorable in every movie she's in.


Although the movie was released in 2001, the story has always been a beautiful story to me. It's all about parenting and parenthood.

We can always learn how to be a good parent, but to raise a child to become a good one is quite challenging. In this movie, Sam (Sean Penn) is a retarded person and has a child with a homeless woman. He raises the child after the woman left him at the hospital. He works so hard day and night to make sure that he caters to all his daughter's needs.

But conflicts arouse after some times. The child has been thinking a lot why her father is not like anyone else. She keeps asking questions and her father couldn't give the right answers. Incidents happen and she has to stay in a foster house.

That's when the drama takes place. If you watch this movie by yourself, your tears will fall down easily through your cheeks. It's an interesting movie if you're feeling like buying or renting one.

In parenting, learning is an essential part for both the parents and the children. We learn different things in different time. Sometimes parents learn new things from their children's perspective. And for me, it won't hurt my pride if my twins show me the correct thing to do. Humans do make mistakes. And don't tell me that children are not allowed to have their own feelings or thoughts. But, I do believe that parents are supposed to guide them along the way and make sure they are on the right path...

Who says that parenting is easy? Parenting is the hardest job in the world...and I do believe that most of us don't earn any salaries just to become a parent. Unless....(you can answer that...)

Happy watching....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...