PingJe

Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's about chicken....

Few days ago, I went to a famous fast food outlet in Kuala Lumpur. I went there after midnight because my twins wanted to have some burgers and fries. So I lined up at the counter waiting for my turn. There was a young lady with a plump body was ordering her choices of food. Minutes later, two trays of fried chicken were served. But the problem was...she was very choosy about the chicken.

I started to feel stressed up. I've been standing there for more than ten minutes. There were few more customers lining up behind me. They were stressed also. I don't really like to push people around but I don't like her to act that way. And the conversation between her and the worker was hilarious...

She :               Err...can you give me all three 'thight'?
Worker:          Excuse me? Again...'thight'?
She:                Yup...I like thight...no breast...
Worker:           (Smilling a bit)...Oh...you mean...drumsticks?
She:                Err...I call it as 'peha' in Malay....
Worker:         Okay...drumsticks then...

I felt pity for the worker because she kept telling the customer there's no more drumsticks left. But the customer still insisted to have those. After three times telling her so, the customer has finally understood that she will not have what she was after for.

Later I realized that she was asking for the chicken's 'thigh' but the way she pronounced it as 'thight'. I couldn't help myself but I couldn't lough out loud either.

For me, I like to use my mother tongue (Bahasa Malaysia) while ordering food at any restaurants. I feel more comfortable because I live in Malaysia, not abroad. And one more thing...fast food outlet should be fast...not to be choosy about your food. Respect other people while you were lining up is also a virtue. Think faster before you get to to the counter. I hate people who stand at the counter and then start thinking what to buy next. You should think about that while lining up. Fast food is for people who like the fast services...not the other way around.

And one more thing...if you are not fluent with other language...don't humiliate yourself....you might end up saying silly words....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...