PingJe

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Biggest Motivation....

This week is the final week before Penilaian Menengah Rendah (Examination for Form Three students). So, this week is about giving tips and motivation to my beloved students. This morning I went into a class and started to do a bit of revision and encouraged them to think about the future.

They seemed a bit lost when I asked them who / what is their biggest motivation? They didn't really know the answer. I felt sad because they don't have the motivation to strive the best in their exams or worse...their own future!

For me...the biggest motivations that my students should have in their mind are their own PARENTS and family. Parents have been working hard just to afford to buy everything that their children could have ever wanted throughout their life. So, the children must know how to show their gratitude towards their parents - by studying hard and getting the good results. It is important that my students learn that they have to do something in order to 'tell' their parents that how they appreciate all sacrifices made by their parents. Getting a good result is one way to start.

It is not to late to get anything that they want if they have tried so hard all these years. Somehow, God will help those who help themselves and have faith in God because faith is the greatest motivation to success. Without faith towards God, they will be lost somewhere...

I can see that students nowadays seem to have problems to handle themselves either in their studies or even their own life. I don't really understand them at first, but as I 'walked' along them these few years, I know that most students have not received enough love and care from their parents. So, my advice to them...try to talk to their parents on how they feel about their relationship. Good parents will always be helpful, loving, understanding and caring. But, some troubled parents will simply walk away...

Friends might come and go, but true friends will always stay by your side. I told my students to search for true friends and abandon those 'unwanted' friends. They have their own thoughts, I cannot force them to choose but I can only show them why they should choose their own friends. I just don't want them to end up in misery. Their choices are in their hands...

Last but not least, ask forgiveness from the teachers that have taught them all these years. Without them, the students will be alone and useless...Think about that for a while...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...